This project consisted essentially in exploring the potential of linocut. I tried linocut in the past a couple of times, just to familiarise with this technique and I found it really amazing. like all the other printmaking techniques I tried so far it requires a fair amount of planning, unless you are really willing to risk and enjoy the potential of the unknown!
I used an A4 sized lino and divided it in little squares using a simple pencil. then I went on it with different tools and trying different approaches. It is quite difficult to free your mind when you are in touch with new things, so this exercise was really useful to just relax and think of the connection with feeling the materials and tools rather than really caring about a specific result.
I printed the finished plate twice, as the first one didn’t seem to have enough ink to show all the marks.